2009-05-21

libpqtypes

In recent post I've posted part of my library, that deals with PostgreSQL data in binary format. Today, googling for some hints for implementing binary timestamps in double format I've found a reliable library, libpqtypes, which is doing exactly the same as mine (actually more), except it's purpose is PostgreSQL only.
Don't know if it's terrible news or not, as I could adapt my code while using this library and win a lot of time. This is one of the reasons why extensive googling is required before each project.

3 comments:

  1. Merlin Moncure28 May, 2009 19:22

    not to mention, the libpqtypes authors know kung-fu and can build light sabers out of rubber bands....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? Can they do the spoon bending too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. only after swallowing the red pill.

    ReplyDelete